Monday, October 28, 2013

Scrapbook Creations/A Piece of Cake Designs BLOG HOP!

bloghop

Welcome to the Scrapbook Creations and A Piece of Cake Designs blog hop! Join us today as we take an online tour around the internet to show you some of the amazing creative people using flairs out there.

Here is the full hop list:


And guess what? There's something in it for you for following along! All you need to do is leave a comment on all of the hop blog posts or you can post a flair project to your own blog and link to our blog hop, you go into the draw to win!

ONE Major winner: $25 gift voucher to APOCD and a one-year subscription (six issues) to Scrapbook Creations 

TWO Minor winners: Variety of flairs from APOCD and a six-month subscription (three issues) to Scrapbook Creations


-----------------------------------------------------

I have created a page using some gorgeous flairs from APOCD. You can see the packs I have used below






I think this was my last flair piece from the above pack. I loved this set, as it's very versatile. My favourite thing to do with the flairs is to wrap twine circles around them. It makes them really stand out on the page.


I've been a bi addicted to making 'splats' on the page lately. This is my new favourite colours 'Cut Grass' from Dylusions. I use an ink dropper to make my larger splats.



My other new favourite. Glitz Designs Wooden stamps. These feathers are from the Finnley range and I have heat embossed them with American Crafts Zing Cricket embossing powder.

& when making this post I realised I hadn't actually mentioned what this page is about.


Adam proposed this month. He put a ring on it ;)
So yeah, that's my exciting news & I get pretty bling on my finger.

Hope you enjoy the blog hop, be sure to check out the other girl's posts on the links above.

Kayla. x

29 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a great page to celebrate such an amazing moment. Love the great big green splats, and of course... love the flair! Stunning layout :-)

Crece said...

Kayla, congrats on the engagement xxx
Love the colours on the layout too xxx

Scrappingdownalane said...

Congratulations that is a pretty ring. Awesome layout as well xx :)

Jenny G said...

Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring looks stunning - lucky girl.
I love your LO. The string wrapped around the flairs looks so effective and the cork cut out chevrons work so well. You rock.

squoodger said...

Gorgeous layout! and big congrats on the engagement!!

Natalie said...

Love love love

Lizzyc said...

Oh a big congrats to you.. how special to have this layout for your blog hop! Love the pops of color.. gorgeous design and layout!

HarmonySweetpea said...

Love it & congrats again. It's all happening xo

Julz said...

Lovely layout love what you did with the flairs and congrats on your engagement

Sandra said...

Kayla congratulations, gorgeous bling and your layout is just as beautiful, I love the arrrows on the flairs.

Kylie said...

Gorgeous layout Kayla and congrats xxx

Lizzy Hill said...

Big congrats!!! Gorgeous celebration page...& the twine around the badge looks fab:):):)

Peg Hewitt said...

Beautiful ring, congrats!
Love your page, especially how you matched the cork chevrons to your flair

Nicole McNamara said...

OH WOW!! MASSIVE CONGRATS!!! I'm still waiting for my bling! Beautiful ring!
And fabulous page too!

Alz said...

Love this Kayla!! :)

Alz said...

Love this Kayla!!! :)

Fi Brown said...

You have an amazing style Kayla and I love what you did with this layout and the tips you gave as well. Congratulations on your engagement and I wish you both lots of happiness together.

Sara said...

First off - congrats!

Love your layout - it has such a great colourful eclectic feel to it, and the flair looks just right. Thanks for the inspiration.

Val Thorpe said...

Congratulations.... :D Beautiful ring and beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing...

Sophie Koschmann said...

Hey Kayla! I love the colours on your layout! And a big CONGRATS! Sophie x

Michelle said...

STUNNING layout Kayla!!
Love all your work, I dont visit here enough. I really should!
And CONGRATS!!!

Deb said...

Congrats on the engagement and thanks for sharing such a gorgeous page!

Denise Luscan said...

I LOVE your layout and great splats! Congrats on your engagement!

Marelle Jackman said...

H Kayla,
So much news in your life - congrats lovely
love your layout

Sue Schubert said...

what a beautiful ring, lucky lady!

Sue Schubert said...

your ring is beautiful, lucky lady!

Anne P said...

Congratulations. And great LO. Love the heat embossed stamping. YUMMY Green.

Tracey said...

Congrats, beautiful ring, beautiful layout, love the flair.

APieceOfCakeDesigns said...

Firstly - another big congrats here on the engagement! So exciting and lots ahead for you, Adam and baby E :) Thank you so much for using APOCD flair on your layout, I love seeing the flair in print and know you are one of the people to thank for making that happen with your work in SC. Thanks for being a part of the hop. Love the layout, the green is gorgeous! - Raquel x