Monday, October 7, 2013

Dream (Jot October Mood Board)


I decided to play along with the Jot Mood Board this month. I loved it as soon as I saw it. It was focused on lovely shades of green & earthy tones as well as the appearance of some globes (where my map print inspiration came from)



I had these map print American Crafts thickers in my stash from ages ago. They worked perfectly with this page. I used an older photo...actually a year old next week since it was taken at the yearly local tulip festival. 
I've also used quite a few D-Lish Scraps products on this layout also, including more of the gorgeous Freckled Fawn (wood frame), Skipping 5 puffy hearts, resin flowers, spotty buttons, chipboard geotag, clear motex tape and paper flowers.



I used some of my gesso (which is now almost empty) to give these chipboard feathers some texture. That's one thing that I struggle to use in my stash since I don't really love using it plain and I'm usually too lazy to pull out mediums to jazz it up.

I really enjoyed playing along with my first mood board & can't wait to see next month's now!

x

7 comments:

Kel said...

Love it Kayla x

Kaitlynne Roil said...

This layout is lovely Kayla, lots of D-lish products look great :)

Mary Evans said...

Gorgeous, interesting LO Kayla....spent ages looking at all the great detail! Mary

kim said...

Such a cool layout! Those are my all time fave thickers! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Tania B said...

Hi Kayla, how r u?? Love this layout, so much detail in such a small space, its come together beautifully. This is my first mood board challenge with jot too, love the inspiration...

Anna said...

Looks great! Thanks for entering the challenge at Jot :-)

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

Hey Kayla, gorgeous page! Love the splats! Thanks for being inspired by the Jot Mood Board challenge.