Thursday, April 18, 2013

You make me happy...

How could he not make me happy with his cute floppy ears? I don't have kids (yet) so my dog is the next best thing. A lot of people are astounded by how spoilt my puppy is...but you know what? Why not? He certainly never argues with me & he is always happy to see me!


I actually used the leftovers of the Shoreline kit to make this page. I am going to be posting over on the Polly! blog soon with some tips on how to 'stretch' your kit and get the most out of it. This month I made three 12x12 layouts and 2 cards & I still have plenty left over. I am thinking I am going to make this my mission with the Polly! kits - I am sure that I can get 3+ layouts, cards and project life spreads. (Not that I have successfully started my Project life yet)


To this page I added a couple of extra things. I embossed some stamped images with green & gold embossing powder onto some vellum. The heart is from an old Stampin' Up set but the feather is from an Amy Tangerine set from the Sketchbook range.


I also cut apart the "You can never have too much happy" from one of the Glitz Design papers in the kit. The layers behind the photo are recycled packaging. One is from the insert of a Studio Calico Mistables set and the other "cream dot" is from the fancy pants button pack in the kit. I love what Nicolee did with the alphabet stickers packaging. Check it out here

Which brings me to what this page was for. I took the challenge and tied it in with this months Kraft it Up challenge which was to use a Kraft background with recycled packaging.


I stretched the kit even further by making a couple of cards. I loved the patterned paper designs and didn't want to cover too much up so I went with simple embellishment clusters in the corners. Those mistable feathers are my favourite ever released product from Studio Calico. I finished off my pack with these cards...luckily I have some more on the way!


In other news: 
  • Uni...it's doing my head in. I have three assessments due in the next week. I don't know how I am going to manage it with all my other commitments...I will get there...eventually. I have decided to look into changing my degree a little bit as I wanted to do secondary (recent idea!) and it's actually really hard to change this far through and I would have to study at a different University so I think I am going to apply into the honours program instead. Why have I become so addicted to studying? I never thought I would see this day.
  • House stuff. Lay-by'ing. Spending too much money!! This has become a recent addiction. I blame it on Pinterest actually. There are just far too many enticing spaces and it makes me want to buy stuff for my 'one day' home. I blame this on Lisa Warren too with all her Target sneak peeks. I saw these replica Eames chairs and had to lay-by them. So cool!! ~ I may have added a few other things to my basket too.




  • Business. Polly! stuff ~ a lot happening in the next week. I am really excited to be offering Project Life kits now. The first (already sold out) kit will be released early next week and I will be taking subscriptions for future kits. May is already in the pipeline and products have started arriving. 
Anyway...gotta get on to this to do list. 

Chat soon. 
xx


9 comments:

Kerryn said...

awwww what a little cutie your boy is. A beautiful page Kayla :).

Kaitlynne Roil said...

Hi Kayla :-) im in love with your style!! I realised today i follow you on pinterest but hadnt visited your blog. Im now your newest follower :-)
Xx

Sanna Lippert said...

thanks for joining us at KIU with this fabulous layout! love the cards too!!

Paula said...

Gorgeous layout & cards! Thanks for playing over @ KIU! :)

Chantalle said...

Louie looks like a cool dude! Loving your layout! Thanks for playing along at KIU

Heather Jacob said...

such beautiful work , thanks for playing with us x

Gina said...

adorable layout..what a cutie..love your layers and colours..YUM! :)

amanda hall said...

great layout for KIU

HarmonySweetpea said...

Louie is so darn cute! Love your layout!