Wednesday, March 20, 2013

You are my sunshine.

My sweetest sunshine...

I am suppose to be studying right now. I have an assignment due on Friday, but I walked past my desk and this new stack of papers and embellishments were sitting there and I couldn't resist. I actually used the ScrapFriends latest colour combination challenge (Colour Palette #11) as inspiration for this page. 



I love taking my gorgeous puppy to the beach. I am very sad that it is getting colder, so we don't get as many nice sunny days to go! There was a sticker in the latest Studio Calico release Sundrifter that said "You are my sunshine" and it reminded me of the song by Johnny Cash. So I ended up finishing my title with the second line of lyrics.
I have actually used quite the selection of brands on this layout. The paper stack includes papers from Studio Calico Yearbook, Amy Tangerine Sketchbook, Dear Lizzy Neopolitan (my favourite cloud vellum!) and Studio Calico Sundrifter (that is the ombre stripe used as a background).


I have also used one of the GORGEOUS The Greatest View badges. Gail has some seriously amazing talent. This close up also shows my latest addiction...sewing over titles...and gesso. I used one of the new Studio Calico masks to paint gesso over. I love the textured effect it gives.


and of course none of my pages are complete now without some Silhouette Cameo goodness. These cuts *i think* are from Studio Calico.

Off to do what I am suppose to be doing...studying.

xx

11 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful! I love all of the arrow action.

Jennifer Grace said...

This is gorgeous, I love that messy background, and the atmospheric photo! x

LauraB whosthischick said...

WonderfuLmsummer layout. I am so sick of winter. Like the title letters too

Christina Collins said...

This is a stunning layout! I LOVE the colors you've used, and the fact that you pulled of using that adorable little doggy die cut from Studio Calico.

emily said...

That's a great photo..the colors you chose compliment it so well.

Christine said...

I love the photo/embellishment cluster! It all works perfectly together.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the inspiration piece and your take on it :)

Sanna Lippert said...

beautiful page! like the way you placed the journaling too! thanks for joining us at ScrapFriends!

Lizzy Hill said...

So glad you joined in with us at Scrap Friends - LOVE it...those bg chevrons, the layers...the perfect colours & of course the GV badges & YUP their DT is seriously inspiring!!! Hope you got your study done - but thanks for taking the time to play with us at SF:):):)

Leeann Pearce said...

Awesome work love your design and your cameo work too! thanks for playing over at SF!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I love your take on the color palette!! Great work! Thanks for playing along at SF!!xx