Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Boys.


I scrapped this layout a while ago and forgot to share it.
I recently received my Silhouette Cameo (from Studio Calico) and just had to  have a play. I cut this gorgeous feather design from the cameo and I also created a 'mask' to paint these black gesso butterflies on the background.


In my latest tradition of pulling gout 'older' supplies and using them on a layout...I used these flair badges from an older range from Basic Grey. I also used one of these paper flowers from Prima. I don't know if anyone has noticed before, but I am not an overly flowery person. I have been trying to use up my stash as I don't reach for them very often. When I have kids I do hope that I have a little boy...because boy layouts would so be my thing!


I can't believe how awesome the Cameo is for intricate cuts! I was like a kid playing with a toy for the first time. I have wanted one of these machines for such a long time but situations and tight budgets stopped me. I splurged after secretly stashing money away for a while.

I am still in the learning process of how to use the design software, but Pinterest is keeping me going. You can find my Silhouette board on Pinterest here.

& I used my favourite gold dot vellum from Dear Lizzy AGAIN!
Is it just me or is there a lot of gold 'popping' up in scrapbooking supplies lately? Personally I love it. I have noticed that the new icon/shape becoming trendy is anchors. Not quite sure what to think about that one.

Much love.
xx


6 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a beautiful page. I love all of the littles bits and details and on here. Off to sign on as your newest follower! :)

emily said...

There are so many details on this page that I like....the feather is gorgeous. I also like the little cluster of twine, buttons, brads, etc near the feather. And the photo is so cute!

Julia said...

Sweet layout! Nice job on the layering!

Crystal said...

Love all the details.

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layout love the silhouette work, I am loving the gold I see in scrapbooking these days :)

LauraB whosthischick said...

What a fun layout. Great use of your diecuts.