Sunday, March 31, 2013

Never Dull Your Sparkle & Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I hope that the Easter bunny was nice to you and you are enjoying this lovely day with family/friends. Our family is having a quiet one at home. It is actually my first entire Easter at home in a few years I think. I'm having a rather quiet day getting some things on my 'to do list' done. Anyone else having a day like mine? 
There is a bit of a chill in the breeze here in cool Tassie, so it's a nice day to stay rugged up inside with a hot chocolate and slippers. If I could find my slippers that is!


I spent some time this morning making this scrapbook page. It didn't photograph too well. I hate it when I get shadowing on pages (especially those on a white background).
This is my lovely 5 month old niece Chloe.
This weekend I am running a challenge at Polly! Scrap Kits to create a page/card using the theme 'Sparkle'
I took this theme quite literally. I pulled out my tubes of glitter, glittery mist, glittery letters and even a glittery peg to create this layout. I took the 'sparkle' theme further in the title and journalling. This is my first niece/nephew for those that don't know...so of course I have been spoiling her rotten as I just can't contain my excitement to be an Aunty. I really wanted to create a page with a little bit of 'Aunty advice'. I am half way through an album for her at the moment which will be her first birthday present. I am not scrapbooking 'every' photo of her, as trust me, there are millions. Just little bits here and there that are cute.


This page shows the hidden journalling. It reads. "You are such a happy little girl. The best advice I can give you as your Aunty is to never dull your sparkle. Be fun, adventurous, happy, loving and always see the bright side. Love Kayla.x" 
I really like the idea of leaving her little notes throughout her scrapbooking. I often struggle with journalling but I am trying as hard as I can to include it as much as I can. Hand written notes to me are especially sentimental and special. I am sure (I hope) that she will treasure this in years to come.


I have actually also managed to pull a couple of older bits out of my stash to use on this page. That fair ribbon is from the old Dear Lizzy Neopolitan line released over a year ago. The fabric butterflies have also been in my stash for over a year. They are resist canvas from Prima and after using them on this page, I have fallen in love with them again and NEED another packet. They are perfect for misting on.
The butterflies used as a bit of a photo mat I cut from the Silhouette Cameo using a cut that I purchased as part of Wilna Fustenberg's recent Heart class.

Better finish off with some Easter photo goodness.


Isn't my dog adorable? Those puppy eyes get me e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e


This was a bit of a trial and error. I decided to make some chocolate cupcakes with a mint buttercream and fill the inside with a Cadbury Creme Egg. They were super yummy but I think they would have worked better with a solid Cadbury Egg.


My favourite Easter treat. I love Lindt chocolate and these gold bunnies are my favourite. This little guy is so cute...and I am sure it's going to taste great later snuggled up on the couch!!!

I bope you all enjoy the rest of your Easter and are getting some nice scrappy time in. 

xx

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend.
Your layout is adorable, so is your niece :)
Your puppy is so cute.
Hope you find your slippers....or maybe ask your puppy where they are, teehee.

Margie H said...

What an adorable page!! Love the touches of sparkle and what a great hidden journal piece :) Happy Easter!