Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Anchor...

Last week saw the release of two new kits over at Polly! Scrap Kits.
I was really excited because they are so ME!
I'm not a girly scrapbooker. Even though there really are no boys in the family, I just don't use much pink or flowers. I prefer the boy-ish tones and embellishments.


This month in particular it featured a lot of anchors. I don't know what it is about them, but I think they are cute, in a nautical way ;) Nautical must be the new 'thing' since I have seen a lot of whales here & there too. I think that kind of might be implying something about myself lately *too*much*chocolate!!!


I have been totally obsessed with using my Silhouette Cameo. It was definitely worth every cent I paid for it. I have owned several die cutting machines in the past. I started off with a Sizzix machine, to buying a Making Memories Slice, then a cuttlebug and now a Cameo. The Cuttlebug and Cameo are the only ones that remain now. The slice was one of the original ones with the lever handle and I ended up selling it at our recent garage sale. The Slice *what*a*waste*of*money I hardly every used it and the cuts seemed to always be 'off'. The Cameo...oh  my goodness...what a machine. I have had it cutting the most intricate designs and I absolutely love that it operates off no cartridges. I can simply either design or buy the shapes off the internet for less than one dollar each!
I had to make a card the other weekend so I simply purchased a design and had it cut in under 10 minutes. 


Here is a better close up of what my slice did. This quote I saw on Pinterest a little while back and I knew that my upcoming kit release featured anchors, so I bookmarked it knowing that I would use it.
I actually designed this cut myself using a font called Cheap Pine and some dingbats. I have created a downloadable file of this for anyone that has this machine.
You can find it here.

Here's a little Instagram look at my last couple of weeks:


I got some photos printed at my sisters work. I usually print at Harvey Norman but after seeing the quality of these prints, I have been converted. I was able to print a whole stack of 3x3 and 4x4 sized prints. The second picture is of an Easter giveaway I am hosting at Polly! Scrap Kits. Go here for further details.



The first picture is of the gorgeous things I picked up off layby this week. I moved back home just over 8 months ago and it was *suppose* to be temporary. This time though while I am at home saving money I have decided to build up my collection of nice house stuff. Every time I have moved out I have ended up on a tight budget and having to make do with cheap and nasty stuff. I am a bit of a homemaker. I love making my space beautiful and every time I have moved out of home I have not had the money to do it how I would like. This particular tableware I picked up from Target. Those who know me would know that I LOVE blue/turquoise/aqua/mint/green. All the cool colours! I do like some richer colours also like purple and fuchsias when combined with the cooler colours. My sister told me the other day that walking into my room feels like walking into India! haha.
The second picture here is of some exclusive die cuts that I have designed and made for Polly! Scrap Kit's first ever Project Life kit. This was a limited edition Facebook release, and 30 kits sold out so quickly! 50% off the sale of these is going directly to my Live Below the Line campaign (more on that later!)



First picture...shoes...what can I say? This year I got in early with the winter boots. Any fellow people with size 11 feet like me will understand. It is i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e sometimes to find nice shoes. I ordered two pairs. One ankle pair in a brown suede (pictured) and another tall pair in a grey leather. I do also have ankle black suede slouchy boots and a knee high lace up camel pair. Maybe I should stop buying boots? 
Second picture...story of my life...packaging...post office...spending lots of money on postage...Australia Post sucks!


These pictures = gorgeous. These are the new Polly! kits. Second one sold out within a hour but there is just two left of the boy kit pictured on the left. You can find it here.


 Saving the best for last...MY BOY TURNED 2!
Louie has brought so much joy to my life (as have others) but there is a lot to be said for the unconditional love that a dog/pet gives. I know some people think that I dote on my dog way too much but honestly there are times since I've had him when I have been at absolute rock bottom and he is *always* there. He is never judgemental and he is always happy to see me. I can't believe he is 2 already. It makes me realise just how quickly time flies!

xx

3 comments:

Ally said...

Looks gorgeous Kayla! I love anchors too - I saw them on a lot of clothing over Summer :-) Love nautical colour palette too!
PS If you get anymore of your project life kits in I reserve one! Will be a great way for me to get back into it! x

Crystal said...

Love your page. The way you did the quote was very cool.

Tracy said...

Your layout is lovely.
I keep hearing such great things about this machine.
Fun to see your week in instagram photos