Sunday, March 31, 2013

Irish Love...

I know that this is the second post for today, but I wanted to quickly come and share this layout that I did for Scrap the Girls so that I can link it to the blog.
Silly me didn't even realise that today is the last day of the month to get this in, does that really mean April Fool's is tomorrow. !!!


The challenge this month was to use a girly picture and scrap with black, white and green because March is the month of St Patrick's Day. I have to say that I fell in love with this challenge for many reasons. 1. I love green 2. I love Irish people & the accents 3. Is there seriously a more fun celebration than St Pat's Day? Personally I don't think so!

Those who know me know that I love Irish people and their accents. There is an Irish girl in my Uni course this semester and I swear I must sit there and gape at her. It's just something so intriguing about the Irish. Ireland is definitely one of the places on the top of my to see list!


On the layout I used one of the new Studio Calico masks to create these black dots with gesso. I then made some mist splatters with some black chalkboard glimmer mist. The green chevron washi tape from Bella Blvd creates a frame for the photo. The photo is actually just a normal 4x6 (which I cut down) photo which I placed one of the new Crate Paper DIY shop photo overlays upon. I love the effect this gives. It's like Instagramming with ANY picture. The pack comes with a few different size overlays as well.



The badge is one of the ones I picked up from the lovely Susan & Wendy at A Lil' Somethin'. I love these. It didn't photograph so well in the top picture due to glare but it says, "Live, love, laugh".
I have also used some wood veneers, Amy Tangerine stickers, Crate Paper pegs, Studio Calico mistable feathers and other random embellishments from my stash.
As per my usual lately I have pulled a few 'older' things from my stash to try and use up and on this page it was the Heidi Swapp epoxy arrow stickers and Amy Tangerine Sketchbook stickers.

Thought I might leave you with a list of the top 5 things about the Irish/Ireland that I love.
1. Guinness
2. Gerald Butler
3. P.S I love you (the movie)
4. Leprechauns
5. Sinead O'connor


xx

5 comments:

Margie H said...

Fabulous take on the challenge! Great idea on the washi tape as a frame,

Jennifer Grace said...

Cool layout! I love the bold black, and that sparkly peg! x

Tracy said...

Great layout!!!
This month just flew by didn't it.
I love an Irish accent as well :)

Chloe :-) said...

Great page! I just LOVE that spot mask!!!

Marisa said...

What a fantastic page for this challenge at STG and thanks for playing along :)