Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Cakes

I seriously apologise for the lack of quality in this photograph. It's been stormy and rainy here the last few days. Impossible for me to get a good shot! I promise it looks better in person.

I have been obsessed with instagramming my gorgeous little niece lately. I have also decided to make her a scrapbook album of random moments from her first year, from pictures I have taken. I have made quite a few pages already. Probably a good thing now she is 5 months old! Almost half way there. How did time fly that quick?


I was really excited to use my Silhouette Cameo agin for this. I made the Love This title down the bottom but I also made a butterfly mask. This wasn't intentional but when I was first having a play with my machine I cut the butterfly and it came out A LOT bigger than I had planned, but it worked well as a mask. I used my favourite mint julep colour mist from Studio Calico for this. My bottle is almost empty *sob*


I have also been having a bit of a play (as you can see in these two close up pictures) with the new Amy Tangerine Embroidery Kits. I did have these in stock in my store but I *think* they have all sold out. I will link here anyway as I am trying to get more back in stock. I absolutely love machine and hand sewing on my pages at the moment. 


I spent a lot of time creating this hand stitched feather. I stitched it straight onto some Dear Lizzy vellum as I wanted it to have a soft look. Also have you seen the gorgeous fabric frames from Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper? Oh my goodness...they are gorgeous. They are all hand stitched and such beautiful quality. I also used A Piece of Cake's Design flair badge (love this!)

Well the storms continue and I have an essay to write. Time for a Milo and some serious concentration time. Not that much of that has been happening today. I managed to scrape in three layouts!! and 3 cards!!! yeah..not much studying. *oops*

xx

8 comments:

Kel said...

Very sweet Kayla.....keep inspiring me with baby pages, I'm sure they will come in handy in a few weeks ;)

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

oh look at all those gorgeous details!!!! love this!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super sweet page! So soft and pretty!

Tammy said...

Such a sweet page! Adorable photo and I love the butterfly image in the background. :)

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice i love the color and the outcome of this page thanks for sharing..

Julia said...

Lovely layout!! Love the sewn elements!!

~Melissa~ said...

That picture is so cute :) Neat job on the layout! The hexagons look great on there.

LauraB whosthischick said...

Wonderful layout. I love that you added the diecut and stitching