Saturday, February 23, 2013

Isn't she lovely.

I'm having the weekend off this weekend from all my committments so it's been nice to sit down and be able to do some of the things I wanted to do like updating my blog.

I completed this page for Mel Connell from Moulds By Mel. She makes *amazing* moulds that you can fill with clay, resin, beeswax and even hot glue to make amazing pieces.

Mel sent me a lovely birds mould, vintage button mould and two flower moulds. I have some more pages to come but I wanted to share this one of my gorgeous niece Chloe. I used the bird and vintage button mould. These particular ones I cast from Easycast resin which is also available from Mel's lovely shop.
I finished these pieces up with a goat of gesso and a white paint tinted with some Mint Julep Studio Calico Mister Huey's.



The actual page itself and background was inspired by Wilna Fustenberg's heART class. She covered a chapter on gesso, stitching and fabric, all of which inspired this page.
I loved her tip of covering die cuts and accents with a coat of gesso to tone them down a bit. I have done this on a few elements of this page, such as the background, the metal Tim Holtz wing and a few of the die-cuts.

Also we had the lovely February kit release this week for Polly! There are only a couple of left.


You can find these in the shop here.

I have some really exciting stuff on the horizon for the Polly! kits. I am super excited about it. You will want to subscribe to ensure that you don't miss out!

Much love. xx

6 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Madeline said...

Looks like some fun techniques! Gorgeous page!

Julia said...

Very creative layout!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Your page is very beautiful, I love the colours you chose for the bird and buttons. x

Crystal said...

Very pretty layout. The photo is so sweet.

Fleursbydesign said...

Very pretty layout :)