Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jan 9.

I have been reading about the Tasmanian bush fires this evening. For those that don't know, I live in Tasmania. We are lucky that we are well away from where this devastation is occurring. It's all a bit too close to home for comfort though. It made me realise how lucky I am sometimes. I could be one of those people that are currently homeless sitting in evacuation centres.

Not a lot has been happening around here in the last week. My Pop went home from his month long stay :( Very sad to see him go. We don't get to see him all that much. I hate that he lives so far away.

I have been gearing up for what will soon be a very busy time both with Oaktree and Uni. Sometimes I over commit myself, but I love being busy!
I have also been working hard to bring new things to my business this year, starting with a new design for the Facebook page, blog and shop page.

Here's a little sneak peek....
My old design was done by my ex partner and considering things have long since moved on I thought it was time for a fresh approach. Who knew so much could change in a year? I can't say that 2012 was one of my favourite years at all -- but onwards & upwards.


This is the January challenge for Polly! You simply have to create a layout based on this colour swatch and upload it to the Polly! gallery before the end of the month to be in the running for a $30 voucher.

I decided to give it a go myself...




I used one of the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic Memory files on my page which are available in the Polly! shop here. These are great for adding extra journalling or photos to your page (especially if you want them hidden) I added an extra photo of my Mum/Sister/Niece and I am going to write a letter on the blank side.

I hope your having a fabulous start to your new year.

xx

1 comment:

Chloe :-) said...

Lovely page, Kayla and loving the sneak of the new design! Clever you :-)