Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dec. 2

I know that the days are going to fly by this month. December is crazy.
We were a little sneaky and put our tree up the night before the first this year.
It's funny. It's my first Christmas at home in a couple of years. I always remember our scraggly white tree. We grew up with the same Christmas tree year after year. I think in it's twenty second year it was time for it to go. It barely had any pine left on it and it was looking a bit tired.
After so many years of having a white tree, we now have a lovely green one.

I suppose it's a little more Australian, being that we don't get a white Christmas.





















I love our ornaments this year. When we were younger we used to hang anything and everything on the tree. There were the 'sentimental' ornaments like the toilet roll angel that we used to hang. Now we are a bit older (and a little more classy!) we have a beautiful turquoise and pink theme. Picked up some lovely glittery ornaments from Myer the other day.

Even though the shops start playing the carols and have their deco's up in Oct/Nov, it really doesn't feel like Christmas until you have a tree in your living room!

I even managed a touch of scrapbooking today.
These polaroids were taken when I was up in Brisbane in August/September. It was so weird seeing my two little cousins all grown up with girlfriends/fianc├ęs.




















I used the new October Afternoon Midway range for this page. You can find that in my shop here.
I also used some lovely DIY mistable thickers, a few bits from The Greatest View (metal badge) and Charm's Creations (doily runner)
It was a fun page to make! I love bright colours.

Much love. xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous LO, I have the tree with all the made things still, But now it's from stuff that my kids have made, And I love it more than anything that could be brought. Looking for some crafty ideas for the kids to make this year to add to the tree. Have a great Chrissy xx

Charmane said...

Just LOVE your page Kayla - love your funky style! Thanks for using a Charms Creations XO Charmane