Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trying something new...




When I scrapbook, for me it is usually all about the 'stuff'. The pretty little things that make up a page. I have been reading Shimelle Laine's blog lately and she is very focused on the journalling, the story and the photos. It made me realise that I need to have a bit more of a focus on this in my pages. I open up some of my older albums and it seems that this is the part that is missing. In twenty years time will I even remember the story behind the photograph surrounded by all the pretty embellishments?

Inspired by Shimelle's challenge to scrapbook in a style different to usual, I went with some simplistic and heart felt scrapbookinh. This was the outcome. I still look at it and feel that it *needs* something, but I am resisting the temptation!

This page was also created from the April Polly! kit which is now sold out thanks to all my lovely customers. I can't wait to show May's kit! :)

On a side note...I am really enjoying scrapbooking by the fire at the moment, doesn't it look cozy!
I may not have a 'scrap space' but I have a warm space :)


(the above page started off VERY different!)
Love and hugs.
x

4 comments:

Jennifer Smith Sloane said...

This layout is gorgeous! I love the mix of American Crafts and Heidi Swapp! Great job!

Cynthia said...

I think this page is perfect the way it is! Really nice color combo--and I love the butterflies!

Marcia said...

This is a well balanced layout. I love the colours and the circle title is a way of drawing your eye to the photo....it is easy to get carried away in paints and mists and pretties, but not if it gets in the way of the story you are telling. I love what you have done here.

ClaireTet said...

I love this layout and I am glad you resisted the temptation to add more. It looks very finished to me. I love the title detail.