Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009…

I saw this fun quiz on Alice’s blog and thought it was a great record to keep for 2009.

I’m giving it a go….

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Gained independence. I have never taken so much control before when it comes to career/life decisions. This year I feel like I am in the driving seat for the first time ever. I am now living away from home doing a course for a career that I love.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I sure did keep them. A huge one for me was lose weight (which I must admit I’m one that used to put this on my list every year with little intention of actually sticking to it!). I managed to lose 60kg this year which I am very very happy with.
The only NY resolution that I didn’t stick to was getting my provisional license and buying a car.
So…this year the getting a license and a car is back on my list. I want to lose another few kg’s to get down to my ultimate goal weight of 65kg (although I would like to re assess at about 68kg to see if I wanted to go any further without losing TOO much).
I want to be more confident and make some more new friends.
I would also love to put everything into my apprenticeship come March, it means the world to me and you only get back what you put in.

I would also love to start hitting the dating scene. I wasn’t going to put this on my blog as I’m a bit shy about this sort of thing but I thought hey why not?
I’m still really young and have loads of time for fun so I would love to get out there and do just that. ;)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Not in 2009. A lot of my older sisters friends were pregnant though….I was starting to think that she was next. I want to be an Aunty!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes. My Great Aunty Joyce and my grandmother died. Prior to this year I have never been to a funeral and never had any one close to me die so it was a bit of a shock to the system.

Our family also said goodbye to a few friends.
Death is never easier but I know that they are resting in peace.

5. What countries did you visit?

No going overseas for me. I would have loved to but couldn’t afford it and it wouldn’t have been the right time.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

More confidence and body happiness. I want to find a happy place with my body that I can feel good sticking in.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

October 15 – This was the day that I got the phone call letting me know that I had got a place in the Mise En Place course.

November 30 – This was my course start date. We started off @ the County Club with our official launch and then off to Drysdale in the city to start our theory component of the course.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Losing weight. My weight was the one thing in my life bringing me down. It has taken a lot of focus and hard work this year to get down to the size that I am now.

I have basically lost a whole person off my frame and that is no easy thing to do.

I am certainly proud of myself for doing that and putting myself out there to apply for this course and getting in!

9. What was your biggest failure?

On the flip side of losing a huge amount of weight I also became too obsessed with it. It made me a not so nice person to be around. Luckily now I have realised that I was doing that and made the change.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes unfortunately. From about mid November onwards I was suffering really sharp stomach pains. It wasn’t until 2 weeks into my course when I dragged my butt over to the hospital that I found out I have lots of tiny little gallstones in my gallbladder. I have my surgery booked in for the 15th of January to have it dealt with and then I will be able to get back to normal. Fingers crossed for a smooth sailing there. xx

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My laptop. It’s good having my own computer which I can take wherever I want to stay in touch with family & friends and keep up with the “who’s who”.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My younger sister. She started at a new high school at the start of the year and has been putting in a lot of hard work to get really awesome grades.

She wants to be a paramedic and she is certainly right on track with her grades!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

No idea. I did see another side to a couple of friends I had that I didn’t really like and hence don’t really talk to much any more. It was definitely an eye opener.

14. Where did most of your money go?

What money? ;-)

Hopefully I’ll actually have some money to be spending in 2010.

15. What did you get really excited about?

My course. I couldn’t wait to start it and now I’m on the last couple of days of my Xmas break I can’t wait to get back!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

That sex is on fire song by Kings of Leon.
That was very popular and over played this year. It does have a good beat though.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? A lot happier!

– thinner or fatter? Thinner. :)

– richer or poorer? Hmmm…no change.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

probably going out and enjoying more time with friends. I let weight loss become who I was and forgot to enjoy the journey.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stressing myself out and setting too high of expectations.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

At home with the family. It was lovely.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Nope. 2009 was my year for changing who I was and love wasn’t on the agenda. Maybe 2010. ;-)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I didn’t really watch much TV this year but I would have to say that my favourite show would have been Masterchef and Sex in the City (love the re runs)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No. Hate is a strong emotion that I try to avoid.

24. What was the best book you read?

Umm…Julie & Julia I think after seeing the movie.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

No idea. I listen to a lot of old stuff but since staying with Rob & Susan in the city I have been playing some of theirs and widening my musical education ;)

26. What did you want and get?

A new body.

27. What did you want and not get?

A license and car.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I’m going to be a corny fan girl and say New Moon. It was way better than twilight. I also really loved My Sister’s Keeper & Knowing (with Nicholas Cage)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 19 on the 20th of December.
I was actually quite unwell with pain from my gallstones on my birthday so that sucked.
I spent the day at the jewellers and shopping in town (picking out a pandora ring) I then welcome to my Sisters boyfriends welcome home party at their house as he had just spent a few months on the Mainland working harvesting. We went out for a lovely dinner after that at the Irish Pub.
Only days left of being a teenager now.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Probably having a more active social life.
I didn’t go out much at all in 2009.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Gym clothes. lol.
The end of 2009 saw me broaden my horizon when it came to fashion though. I’m a lot smaller now and it’s easier to buy cuter clothes.
I actually started wearing dresses (am wearing a maxi right now)
 

32. What kept you sane?

Definitely walking. I learnt that if I was stressed, angry,confused or upset that I could walk it out.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I have been a bit of man watcher lately in movies.
I have no idea what his name is but he’s the son of the scientist on Fringe. I like him a lot and as always Jude law. Yummy.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I don’t hugely follow politics.
I have to say though that I was damn happy to see Obama become the president of the US. 

35. Who did you miss?

My family in QLD as always. That’s the hardest bit of living all the way down in Tas.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Lots of people. I met lots of awesome guys in my course that I know I will be friends with forever.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
To work with what you’ve got and accept who you are and love that person. You have to love yourself before you can let anyone else love you.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

“And though I may not know the answers.
I can finally say I am free
And if the questions led me here
Then I am who I was born to be.”

-Susan Boyle.

So that’s it. 2009 is gone. It flew so quick and now I’m here in 2010 ready to have an awesome year. :)

Thanks for following my blog as always.

Much love.

Kr.x

5 comments:

Jane said...

wow Kayla, you certainly did achieve a lot in 2009, I hope that you reach your goals for 2010 too :)

Bec said...

Happy New Year Kayla!!
Hope you get all you want from 2010.

BTW - you look gorgeous in these pics! Wow!! I'm sure love is on the list for this year! You look stunning girl!

Felicity said...

what a year for you Kayla!!
Happy New year!!
Love the chirstmas photos too, you look GREAT!!!
:) x

Katie said...

Hello Miss Kayla! You have been such a huge inspiration to me this year! You have achieved so much in just one short year...very proud of you! You're inspiring me to try and get fit and healthy and live life to the fullest!

Ally said...

Wow Love this Kayla!!!
Can so relate to becoming too obsessed with health stuff... trying to tone it down a bit myself atm!

You achieved so much in 2009! Must be soooo proud!

Alice
xx