Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I will never take electricity for granted again…

Really. I promise that. x

Our area was hit with a mini hurricane here on Sunday & we have been without power until tonight.
I missed; hot water, phone, internet, lights, cooking appliances, iPod (mine went dead), my electric blanket, the treadmill, music while cleaning, the heat pump (especially on cold nights!!)

OK I will admit that candlelit dinners & silent nights are nice but after a while when you haven’t had a hot shower & have to read your book by torch light you get sick of it!!!

So while my power was out the announcement of the new DT was made over @ Scrapbook Savvy.
Can you believe I missed the announcement that I am one of the new DT members!!!

I was so excited.

Poor Sar was waiting to hear back from me for the announcement with an e-mail, a forum thread and 2 messages on my answering machine (our phone lines were down)
I am sure she was glad when I finally came online tonight!

savvydesigner

So I am very excited to say that I am now a design team member on one of the coolest places on the web.
Check it out here

I was also excited to receive a $100 Wish gift card from Woolworths in the mail today.
If you shop there you may recall a promotion they had for Mediterranean products. You had to buy 6 Mediterranean products like fennel, artichoke etc… and go and say what you favourite Mediterranean meal is to cook and I won a voucher. Woo hoo!

I think that I can spend it @ Tandy. I want a new iPod so just maybe…
I have my eyes on this.

image2_20090909

I can’t really decide which colour I want. I really like the orange, yellow & red. Hmm…

I have to share some creativity. Soon.
Love you guys & missed you.

Kr.x

4 comments:

Kate said...

Huge congrats Kayla Renee, loved all the work you did through the DT comp, looking forward to your challenges xxx

Kell Lusted said...

YEY for you Kayla!!!!
can't wait to see your input to the Savvy site, I LOVE to play there :)

Tamara said...

Congrats Kayla!!
You're work is always amazing so I'm not surprised you got onto the DT.

xx
Tamara

mel said...

Congrats sweetie - can't wait to check out what you cook up for us :)
Melxx