Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Last entry for the MBM competition.

Well it’s over.
The scrap therapy Make believe Masters comp that is.

So sad. I have loved all the challenges.

The final challenge was to use a recent picture of yourself and to do more than 150 words of journalling about why you scrapbook.

normal_IMG_5157

IMG_5158

IMG_5159

I don’t know if you can read the journalling or not. probably not.
So here it is. 198 words on why I scrap.

I started scrapbooking in 2004 after some of my friends hosted a Creative memories party.
Five years later and I am 100% addicted! I love it. I love the feel, look & smell of new papers & I love to sit at my desk matching my photos to embellishments and papers. When I first started scrapbooking my style was simple & very plain.
I have been to quite a few classes now and I feel like my style has really evolved and now my pages feature a bit more of a layered & technique based style. I absolutely love to doodle & stitch and I feel like my pages aren't finished without them.
I gain inspiration from lots of scrapbookers & I love to scrapbook with other people.
Through online communities I have made lots of friends that I have been able to have relationships with outside of scrapbooking. It's fantastic!
To me, scrapbooking has brought me more than just a way to present my photos but rather a new way to appreciate and record the life I am living. I make sure that I treasure every day & live the life I want to document on paper!

I am sad. Masterchef is finished. *sob sob*
SO GLAD that Julie won over Poh!
I wanted Justine to win though BUT I will definitely buy Julie’s cookbook!

I had seriously thought about registering for the next season but I think I would have a meltdown. loL!
I LOVE cooking…but without people watching me.

0720-masterchef-l

I am obviously home from Wendy’s.
I had the best time. She is so nice and very welcoming to have me at her house for a whole week.
I had a great time and her boys are so cute!

Here’s a pic of us that Wendy’s husband Duncan took!

wendy & i

I’m off to scrap.
Later
Kr.x

4 comments:

Helen Kinsela said...

Oh what a beautiful pic of you and a gorgeous page to match. In the short time I have "known" you, I have noticed you maturing into a beautiful young woman.
Lucky you getting a week with Wendy - is she super short or are you blessed with super long legs???
Hey, why not enter for MC? Cant hurt.

Wendy Smith said...

hehe

Im not short...LOL.....that is hilarious

gorgeous layout, and the picture turned out great!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Oh that layout is so gorgeous - love your jouralling.
And I say - GO FOR MASTERCHEF. xx

SkyeMJ said...

Kayla, all of your LOs for MBM have been freaking awesome! Gorgeous stuff hun!

Great shot of you and Wends too - you are looking suber fab lately! All that care you've been taking of yourself is paying off, for sure!

Happy weekend chickie!
x