Friday, July 3, 2009

Kayla’s recipes…

Here’s my entry for challenge 4 (mystery project) of the Scrap Therapy make believe Masters competition.

We had to make a mystery project this week and considering I have been collecting recipes like crazy this year I wanted somewhere I could put them all.

I have used a Kaiser BTP recipe album (which comes complete with dividers)
I have used some new Bazzill dotted swiss. (this stuff is gorgeous)
and of course my new apron lace and upper crest punches!!

I think there are 2 more weeks left of the competition…fingers crossed. x

_MG_4821_1

_MG_4812_1

_MG_4825_1

_MG_4817_1

_MG_4815_1

KISS BISCUITS ANYONE?
I made up a batch of 30!!!
Hmmm….I’m going to have to start giving them away to neighbours!
I bake way too much.

e.t.a...Here's the recipe incase any of you gals want to make your own ;) (they would be fun to do with the kiddies)

Kiss Biscuits
Makes approx 30

Ingredients:
1 cup caster sugar
200g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 large eggs (I used small ones so used 3!)
raspberry jam
Spinkles & Jaffas (whatever you want really!)
Icing
2 cups icing sugar
water
Method:
Place butter & sugar in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until combined. Add flour, bicarb and eggs and whiz again until the mixture starts to come together in a ball.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180c.
Line two trays with baking paper.
Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough out to 5mm thick.
Cut out circles using a 5 or 6 cm diameter cutter; use a spatula to carefully lift onto prepared trays about 2cm apart.
Repeat rolling, cutting and lifting until all dough is used.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until just starting to colour.
Remove from oven, cool slightly before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Match the biscuits into even size pairs, spread one with jam, sandwich together, spread the top with icing and decorate with your lollies/sprinkles.

Icing:
Sift icing sugar in a bowl and add about 2 tbs water until it is the consistency you desire :)

Enjoy!

_MG_4835_1

_MG_4834_1

and umm…here’s what the kitchen looks like after this effort…oops….better go clean that up!

_MG_4838_1

Soo…Friday mornings I like to bake & make mess obviously…
These 2 little gremlins however…

Gremlin # 1 – likes to play, sit in the sun & follow me around the house.

_MG_4849_1

and
Gremlin # 2
Like’s to sleep in. No getting out of bed for this one!

_MG_4854_1

Well looks like I have a kitchen to clean.
Ta ta


Kr.x

3 comments:

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Your recipe book looks great.
thanks for the recipe (school hol's here now so might get the girls to make them).
Love the kitty pics.
xx

Mel Connell said...

Gorgeous Kayla! xxxx

Katie said...

those biscuits look so good and so professional too! i admire your patience to make those! i'm such a lazy cook lol!