Friday, January 23, 2009

my new scrap space!

Yes, it is smaller. A LOT smaller. In fact it's only the cupboard in the room that used to be my scrap room. I realised that I don't love scrapbooking in the way I used to any more, it's not that I want to give it up. It's just I don't want it to take over my life like it was before> I think I was far too caught up in the scrapbooking world that I realised essentially I am just creating photo albums and I didn't need to be that "Into" it.

So here is my scrap space now.
I just fold up one of my trestle tables in here when I want to scrap and put it away when I am finshed. It keeps things tidy, simple and allows me to get back to enjoying scrapbooking instead of stressing about how much it impacts on my life.
After all, scrapbooking hasn't helped me get thinner, in fact it's just aided in how much weight I have put on in the last 5 years since I started this hobby.
I used to have ALOT more stash than this but I gave a lot away. I just didn't need all of it, and there is no way that I would have used all of it. I still have lots more in here that I want to give away but I am sure that can wait. One of these days I will move out and have another big clean out I am sure.

the cupboard with the doors off so you can see it all ^^^
lovely gorgeous paper! ^^^
and the pic below is the best bit. DOORS to hide it all. No one would know that a scrapper lives here!

and as promised, some scrap pages to share.
These were actually for a design team call, but I didn't get in.
It doesn't worry so much as it used to getting rejected.
Infact I am kind of glad. After cleaning my scrap space and getting rid of a lot of things out of my life I realised that I need to do things for myself from now on.
I am still on the Karen's Scrappin Kupboard Design Team and also Fat Cats.
And Of course White with 1 (which my DT term finishes next month)
and scrap the girls.
For now I can keep to these committments
but...I do think that my need for scrapbooking has changed A LOT.


2009 is going to be a big year. I thought it would be a good one. I don't know now. It's not that I can't enjoy it but some things that haven't just affected me but EVERYONE around me have me in a bit of a down phase.
The economical downturn for a start.
It seems like everyday on the news we hear of more companies forced to make some job cuts and restructure their business's.
For me (now this is going to be whinge) It sucks. This year was my year to find a job. There are no jobs around here locally to apply for at the moment (definitely nothing that I have the qualifications to apply for anyway). No one is looking for employees. I don't receive any government benefits because it's means tested and my parents come through earning just above the maximum combined household salary.
Not only does this mean that I can't get Newstart Allowance or Youth Allowance it also means that I have LESS of a chance of getting a job> I can't receive the help of job agencies in the ways that people on these allowances can. It doesn't help that the government PAYS employers to employ people on these benefits, obviously pushing me to the back of the list again!
It also means that it's harder for me to get into courses education wise! and EXPENSIVE. I have to pay the full course fee. Now for me this will cost $900 for one year. That is not money I can afford or my parents can afford!

So simply it means as this stage there is no work for me and no school!
It means that so far 2009 is an empty year.
I am going to try my hardest looking for ANY work, but I am going to struggle since EVERYONE is doing the same thing.
It doesn't help that I am now 18, meaning they have to pay me more. They are always going to employ the younger straight out of highschool jobfinders over me. I don't have any experience because I haven't been able to get a job because of where I live & school for the last 2 years + to add to that I don't have a car or a full license and I live out of town meaning I have no transport.
I am driving at the moment, slowly building up my hours, but even if I manage to get my P's soon, I still have no car.

So there is my whinge. CONGRATULATIONS if you just got through that.
I am hoping that lady luck is coming my way soon!

Kr.x

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Loving your scrap space...it looks soooo organised. By the way I hope Lady Luck finds you soon. Cheers Jackie

Tiff Sawyer said...

Hi Kayla Renee, I have seen you all around the place in various galleries and thought it was time I stopped in to say hi, love your work and your new scrap space, very cool, Tiff :o)

Felicity said...

Love your new scrap space!!! Jealous :) lol
Thanks for being so inspiring with your creations and your photos!!!
Felicity x

Mrs Frizz said...

Nothing wrong with your scrap space ... looks good to me.

May Lady Luck find you and sit on your shoulder.

Vesna said...

Hi there Kayla,

Your scrapping space looks great as do your LO's.

Hope your luck changes soon Kayla.

You have also been tagged on my blog.
http://vesnamirko.blogspot.com/

Vesna
x

Lis said...

Wow, you still have so much stuff even after a huge purge, i wanna live at your place lol

Have tagged you honey, check out my blog :)

Michelle Jamieson said...

Hugs, babe...Keep your chin up!
Things will get better!! :)

Love your new cupboard...very cool!

Chelle Xx