Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear 2008...

Dear 2008.
You have come and gone so quickly. I took a breath and you slipped away.
You were a good/bad and everything else in between year.
You brought; tears, joy, happiness, sadness, depression, loneliness, grieving, knowledge.
You weren't my best year, but you were the year were I learnt so much about not only myself but everyone around me. You showed me that only I can make the changes. I need to have the motivation to make them happen. You showed me that while it's a long road to take it's a successful one.
You are the year my life began to change, and I started becoming the person that I want to be.
Some photo memories from 2008.
*Last photo taken with my hair long. It took me ages to grow it this long...after years and years of having it short. I ALWAYS had shorter hair as a kid after I was about 6 (like i mean SHORT) and so i decided in the middle of year 10 to grow it. It lasted about a year and half...before I got sick of it and cut it off about a 1/4 of the way through 2008.

* I got to meet my online Scrapbooking buddy Alice for the first time.
We went to Queensland for 2 weeks and went to the Australasian Scrapbooking & Papercraft Expo in Southbank, Brisbane.
We stayed with my Aunty in Brisbane and then also my Aunty & Uncle on the sunshine caost and even got to stay in gympie.
Some highlights of my trip were.
*meeting alice
*the scrapbook expo
*seeing the rellies
*touching a dolphin in tin can bay
*seeing the beautiful beaches
*scrapping with alice
and then Alice came back to Tasmania with me for a week, and got to meet my crazy family.
*Morgan celebrated her 13th birthday. Welcome to teenage-hood sis!
*Josh (tam's bf.) celebrated his 21st birthday

*Tamara celebrated her 21st birthday. You have the key to the city gal! mwah!
*I finished year 12. Yep PASSED. Got my TCE for year 12.
Was sad emotional and scary to leave somewhere where it felt like I had only just begun.
The future holds many exciting journeys i'm sure.
*My gorgeous cat Bailey passed away on the 8th November.
I was very sad, heartbroken. I know to everyone else he is just a cat, but to me he was oh! so much more. He only lived 6 beautiful years but they were the best. His presence here was so much loved and it so much missed now.
*I also lost my Budgie Charlie. I had him for 8 years. We will miss his constant chattering.

*I turned 18. I officially became an adult.
i was spoilt with a Canon 450D Digital SLR camera. I named him Edward.



* I celebrated Christmas with my gorgeous family.
We had the best day, and we were so lucky that my pop was able to be here to celebrate it with us. We were all thoroughly spoilt.

and this is me bidding farewell to 2008, which I leave with mixed feelings. I have a love hate relationship with 2008. Bring on 2009 I say.

My favourite TV shows of 2008

  • Home & Away (of course)
  • Big brother (final season)
  • Criminal Minds

My favourite movies of 2008

  • Twilight
  • Juno

My favourite books of 2008

  • Twilight, New moon, Eclipe & Breaking dawn
  • The Host
  • Angels & Demons (Dan Brown)

My favourite songs of 2008

  • Paramore-decode
  • The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- Guardian Angel
  • Breaking Benjamin- Rain
  • Flyleaf-I'm sorry
  • Potbellez-Hold on
  • Rob Pattinson-Never think

and I can't leave without posting my new year's resolutions

  • Lose weight
  • Find a job
  • Enjoy life, don't let it pass by
  • Take a holiday
  • Buy a car, get my license

So guys

I hope that you have an excellent New years Eve and a happy, healthy and wonderful new year.

I will see you guys in 2009.
Mwah!

Kayla ReneƩ

No comments: