Saturday, November 8, 2008

RIP Bailey. xx

My dear cat passed away this morning.
There was nothing anyone could have done to save him.
he wasn't in pain and he died with his family around him

he was only 6, and still a bundle of love and joy.

Those that know me know that I LOVE my cat. He is my life. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest right now. I might take some time to recover while my heart heals so please bear with me.
He will be buried under the cherry blossom tree i planted in our garden. And when it blossoms each year I will think of him always.

My other cat is very confused right now so I am trying as hard as I can to make him feel comfortable.

I am always with her

and god asked the feline spirit,
"Are you ready to come home?"
"Oh, yes, quite so," replied the precious soul,
"And, as a cat, you know I am most able to decided anything for myself."
"Are you coming then?"asked God.
"Soon," replied the whiskered angel,
"But I must come slowly, for my human friend is troubled
For, you see, she needs me, quite certainly."
"But doesn't she understand?" asked God, "That you'll never leave her?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed? It just is...forever and ever and ever."
"Eventually she will understand," replied the glorious cat,
"For I will whisper into her heart that I am always with her,
I just am....forever and ever and ever."

Kayla ReneƩ. x

7 comments:

smauge said...

You have my DEEPEST sympathy Kayla. I lost a very dear pussycat just gone two years ago. She was 21 and I had had her for about the last 13 of those years. Her health started to fail but I made a promise to her that I would look after her for as long as I could see she was happy. The day I realised that she was no longer happy, I was forced to make the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. That afternoon, at the vets, she died peacefully in my arms as I let out a wail of grief. I cried for about a week. Typing this has brought the tears back to my eyes but I comfort myself with the knowledge that she died knowing she had a family that loved her, and loved her enough to end her pain.
(((BIG HUGS)))
Steph

Wendy Smith said...

Oh Kayla

I feel for you sweetie...I know how much Bailey meant to you, and my heart feels your pain. I only wish I could make it all better...{{HUGS}}

elle said...

oh kayla, i feel for you sweetie. we lost our dear cat earlier this year, and it was the most heart-wrenching thing i have felt! she was 14, but still, it was hard.
hope you start to feel better, but make sure to never forget bailey, and bring flowers when you can!

Janine said...

Oh Kayla, sorry to hear about Bailey- biggest {{hugs}} for you.

Sheri said...

Kayla i'm soo sorry to hear about your cat... i hope the rest of your week is much better and Karma brings you something good

Katie said...

Oh Kayla I am so sorry to hear about you pussycat Bailey. :( I know he meant so much to you and you have my deepest sympathies. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time.

Katie

Toni said...

Kayla, honey, this is such a sad thing to hear, I know you loved Bailey so so much and you will always miss him.
Right now the pain is so sharp and new and almost unbearable - and you need to take some time to heal yourself in the best way you can.
Let yourself grieve and don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.
You have loads of people who love you and care for you and will try to help you through this.

xoxox