Wednesday, August 22, 2007

my self retreat...

so i have been feeling rather crapola lately so I have given myself a mini retreat don't know how long I will be gone, or in fact what i am going to do.
But....I will be spending a lot less time on the computer....so I am not dead I am just retreating lol!

I started it off today by giving myself a facial and painting my nails...

Bit scary pic i know.

I got some sunshine outside as well which was nice. I rarely go out anymore being a home schooling student and because i live in a country village so there is no where to go out 'to'.

I had fun last weekend at the Little scrapbook shop Claytons retreat. I made a step by step for the occasion as well which you view here.

It was an online scrapbook retreat to keep the girls that weren't going to the real life one busy and it was a lot of fun. I didn't get a lot completed though cause I was pretty sick and feeling tired the whole weekend so I wasn't very motivated and my mojo had gone on major walk abouts. I did complete a few challenges though and of course my own :-)


You can click on the images to view larger I just didn't want to clog up an already large post.

Th
e first one was to create a page following a layout sketch which can be viewed here

The second one was a challenge to create an OTP scrap storage something. So i decorated some Moxie tins. lol! they are really great storage though.
You can view the challenge and some great inspiration here
You can view those that entered the challenges creations here
The third one is a card i made, which was actually a step by step
for a layout which i just adapted into a card.

So I suppose it was an ok weekend for creativity. a layout, a card and an OTP, not too bad i suppose.

Onto other topics I was so excited to go onto Mara May's blog today and see that my name was drawn for her blog RAK. Yay! She is such a coolies scrapper!!

I was blog hopping today and saw on Nic Howards blog a link to this great blog.
I really am going to be participating in that one, it is a great idea and i have so MANY photos of various animals I have had through my life and of course my two furbabies i have now :-)

I also manged to get a pretty good photo of my sis yesterday using her digi loL! you can look at it here.
I am liking it.

Ok as for the blog RAK girls,
I so far have, Kyla, Belinda, Miriam, Kathryn, Tash, Shanon and Jodies address
which means I still need: Scrapmanda's, Yvette's, Miasmummy's and wendy smith's addy

Please e-mail me girls on takamo3@hotmail.com

I will be popping in now and again while i am retreating, see ya!!

hugs

Kayla xx




1 comment:

Ally said...

wow what a great idea Kayla! Have fun on your retreat! I think I will do the same after my schooling is over in October! lol