Monday, August 13, 2007

a BIG weekend...

lots of scrapping and creativity was happening here...
This weekend was the Little Scrapbook Shop cyber crop and it was so much fun, I managed to get ALL the challenges done. WOOT!



This seal page is from my Pics that were taken at Seaworld when I was there in 2006 in Feb. The challenge was to make something 3 dimensional. I have used a colour combo that I am not used to as well, which was fun to try something new. The tag pulls out from behind the photo to reveal the hidden journalling.



This one was a step by step to make 6x12 chipboard book about a 'journey' so I chose my journey to self discovery and have already started it with 2 pages done. I also got to use my heidi swapp butterfly mask for the first time which was fun.


This one is from a layout sketch over at LSBS . It was simple but fun!!
It is a pic of my mum when she is 4 on the way from England to Australia on the boat.


This was my favourite page for the weekend. I had so much fun with it.
Basically the challenge was to go on a creative journey and create something from scatch, so I was inspired by Elsie Flannigans work and so I made my own paper using masking tape and paint and used a black texta to create the swirls. i have also created the see through flowers and also the tulle flower and the wire word and i also made the felt birdie from a template.
Sorry that the top photo is dark, it is a scan and the scanner hasn't been playing nicely.


This one is for my art journal which I am doing at karens scrappin kupboard. The challenge was to paint your favourite poem, so I did the road not taken by robert frost.

Ok so the floods have started to leave and the clean up has begun here. It was a bit scary as the floods happened so quickly, but the community has pulled together to clean up which is good.
I have never been in a flood before so it was a new experience to me and one that I am going to scrap.

On other news I have some important school work to finish so that is what I am doing today, I even got up at 6am to start it. *shock horror*

Talk soon
hugs

kayla xx

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow you have been busy Kayla! I love all your LOs, especially that purple and blue one! And that poem's one of my favourites too - The road not taken. I remember doing an assignment on that in high school.

Katie :)

Ruby Claire said...

WOW
Your work is awesome!!!!!
xx
Ruby