Tuesday, July 24, 2007

another long update...

Sorry guys been pretty slack with my blogging lately, just have had so much going on.

Well firstly I would like to apologise for my REALLY bad photography, I am still using the brick camera while waiting for my camera to be fixed and the scanner has chucked it in so I am really not having a good time, I am thinking I need an A3 scanner nows anyway so maybe I will put that on my birthday list. lol!

Well I was pretty excited cause I got an awesome treasure stash from scrap loot today. All you have to do is shop and add the treasure stash to your cart and you go in the draw and I won last week I was so excited anyway here is a pic.It thought it was really cool how it was all packaged up
and it came in the coolest yellow bucket
There was heaps of stuff in there and I can't wait to use it all.

Well I have been doing some scrapping, i have done one using lots of love elsie products for Donna Hooper's blog Collective creative. the challenge was to use stitching on a layout creatively and use more than 2 photos and I have used blanket stitch around the whole edge of my LO. I loved doing this one. Sorry about the dodgy pic once again.Be sure to go and check out the challenge it is great fun.
here is a close up
I have also started making my christmas cards as I am trying this year to be atleast a tiny bit organised with them as I am always rushing and getting them done at the last minute so here is a pic of one that I have completed, more to come. :-)


and another little thing that I am doing is starting to knit some little goodies for children that don't have warm clothing to wear, I was told about this by Alison from KSK, check out this thread here. It really is a great cause. If you can knit or have some spare wool that you can send to those who are knitting it would be great. :-)Ok and for another layout which I have done for Scrap Therapy, it was to do a christmas LO.
Once again I apologise for the bad pic.I have also been working on some of the great stuff that I received from tarisota the other day, including this gorgeous birdy bag and mini album from mel goodsell. It really is divine, I have finished the bag, i am just working on the mini book now which i am having so much fun with.


just a snippet of my unfinished mini book. i love using all the felt it is so much fun. :-)
and a funny photo of my little sis being silly this afternoon with her guitar. She can be such a dork.
I have been getting lots of music lately as I am in a real music mood and i came across this song again which i absolutely love and the video clip is a real eye opener, you will know what i mean when you watch it


Sick Puppies - All The Same lyrics

well thats about all for today I think
I am planning on doing some more scrapping and knitting tonight so this time my updates won't be so far apart. i promise !!!

hugs
Kayla xx

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow starting on Christmas cards already? You are organised! Love the LOs and the felt mini bag!

I like the video clip too!

Katie :)

Melissa Goodsell said...

Wow so much here to see. I loove how your little birdie bag has turned out :O) Loving the layouts too - I especially love how you've used the Scenic Route bird paper, it looks fab. Those goodies that you won look cute in the bucket and that's fantastic that you are doing some knitting :O)
Phew! LOL
Melx

Carole Janson said...

Thankyou so much for dropping by my blog, and loving all your creations your layouts are simply beautiful, and I can see why you like the mini bag and album just beautiful.

And well done on your little yellow bucket.

Carole xx

Ally said...

wow I LOVE that page Kayla! All the stitching looks awesome!!! You have so much patience! lol
Your little birdy bag is working out really well too!!! Love it!
You are super organised starting xmas cards!!!!

rebelliouskiwi said...

WTG Kayla! Awesome stuff! I saw your surname in the Scrap Loot page & thought it was you somewhere :D Cool way to present them isn't it! How cute is the bucket! :)
Can't wait to see more awesome creations from ya :D

Bon said...

I love that song and clip Kayla its gorgeous isn't it? Great LO's and lucky duck with your prize too.