Thursday, May 24, 2007

a long post..... read on if you dare

So I have decided that I am going to become more religious with posting on here. Mainly because it is a way for me to record things, It will be really cool to read all this stuff in a while, sort of like a time capsule.

Anyway I have a couple more things to share.

Here is another challenge that I completed for the Little Scrapbook Shop cyber crop that was held last weekend.

I also got a little suprise as I won a couple of things over at Karens Scrappin Kupboard which was really excited, i have a little bit of money to spend now which is exciting for once I don't know what I am going to spend it on. shock horror!

I made a few cards from scraps which is something that doesn't happen very often.
I am trying to get around to taking a self portrait for the beautiful blog that Ngaire bartlam made but I really like outdoor shots but it has been rain rain rain and more rain here (which is good, but not for the photography) I am beginning to think that maybe I should just get a shot of me in the rain. lol!
There has been lots of great work posted over there, you girls are so inspiring.

By the way if you are reading this and wondering why I haven't been commenting on your blog lately I sincerely apologise, i have been super slack and so I haven't been doing the whole 'blog land' thing. *roll eyes* I also have to catch up on a lot of my study before I hit the mainland which is next week on Wednesday people, less than a week to go, counting down now. woo hoo!!
I can't believe that I will be gone for a month. shocK!

I am so excited to be going to my very first scrapbooking convention though, I get to meet so many lovely girls. I am doing classes with Ngaire Bartlam, Amy Goldstein, Kelly Goree, Rachel Minett and Lynette Caroll. I am so excited. I need photos for some of the classes and I haven't done any yet so I am going to have to schedule in a photo shoot this weekend cause I really need some family shots and we don't have any that were taken in the last 2 years. i know shaking my head in shame, actually well there was one taken in march at my nan's 80th birthday but none of us are really looking at the camera and it is taken inside and it is really yuck so there is no way i am using that. I am doing a LO class with Kelly Goree about mothers and I need heaps of photos of my mum and she is so hard to get pictures of, i am getting worried about getting them printed in time. I might have to take them on the digital in Qld and get them printed before I go. Last minute photos. Wonderful!! not!!! Anyway I will get it done.

I was blog hopping today and found so much yummy work by some great people. so here is some links for some eye candy for today; ngaire's beautiful work (love the felt purses and are now high on my to do list)
and a beautiful blog by a beautiful scrapper celeste.

I am also reading a really great book at the moment, it is this much is true by wally lamb and it is such an eye opener about mental health and peoples perception of it. It is a pretty heavy read but so worth it.

Anyway till tomorrow.

hugs

Kayla xx

No comments: