Tuesday, May 1, 2007

another sketch and other news!!!

I did another sketch, it is for a layout that I have to complete this week as a part of a challenge so I will share the layout soon.

It has been a hectic couple of days. I had assignments due in that were done at the last minute and had so much on my plate to do.
I decided this year to make my mums birthday present as in my view it is more thoughtful.
The picture is really crappy, but basically it is a wall hanging of fam pics.
It was my mums birthday today so I made her a yummy chocolate sponge cake filled with cream that coincidentally took 3 times to get on the cake, (We have one of those beaters that you attach the bowl to and can leave it there to beat, the first 2 times I forgot it was beating and it turned into butter. lol! it took lots of things of cream to get that filling)Anyway my little sister has gone off on a school camp for 4 days, so i'm getting a holiday just being at home. lol! She is going through an 'annoying' stage at the moment.
My parents are going to be gone from Friday through to Tuesday, so I have the weekend here with my lil sis. Yay! apart from the sis bit lol!
For me it is an excuse to get lots of scrapping done.

Chris Millar is hosting a weight loss challenge which is super cool. I am excited about starting this. Yay! Sketches Oz have their first sketch up and it is the beautiful Kim Archers work. yum! is all I can say.
There is a beautiful sketch layout over at pencil lines.
The new jackee is up over at aussie scrapjacked. Its the wonderful Mardi Winen. Super excited about this one.

There is a delicious new kit over at Tarisota which is totally yummy.

Gabbie has put all her gorgoues Kiwi Scraps work over up at her blog and it is all sooooo gorgeous. I am in love with the gorgeous canvas from the Emily Falconbridge class. It is so pretty and I am loving red at the moment so it makes me even happier. he he....

Well that is about all my updates,

Talk soon

Hugs
Kayla xxoo

3 comments:

Ally said...

wow love your mum's present Kayla! looks fantastic!!!! Love the sketch too!

nikkihelen said...

Love the wall hanging!! And that sketch is brilliant!!

Celeste Vermeend said...

Hi Kayla!

Just Celeste from LSBS. Dropped in to say hi and congrtas on the Elsie prize!