Thursday, April 26, 2007

a cool flower techinque.

I thought I would post this here today cause I wanted to learn how to make these so I sat down and did them today, so I did a little tutorial on how to do them. hope you like ;-)

Cool c-thru flower
Supply List
  • sizzix machine or any other personal die cutter and flower die, (punches won't cut the acetate)
  • buttons
  • paint or ink (I have used adirondack acrylic paint dabbers)
  • kindy glitz (if you want to use this instead of paint or ink
  • scissors
  • photo tabs
  • embroidery thread (I have used the puppets brand
  • needle
  • acetate
Step 1
Cut your flower or other shape with the sizzix or other die cut machine.
Step 2
Take your ink or paint and carefully dab in around the edges of the flowerStep 3
While the paint dries, choose a button to go with your flower. he he....Step 4
Get your needle, thread and scissors and thread the needle then you just place the button over the top of the flower and push the needle right through the acetate and sew it on (I went through mine a couple of times)
Step 5
You should now have a flower the looks like this, trim the thread close to the flower
Step 6
Now get a photo tab and place it over the thread and push it done hard. (you can also add some ribbon sticking out the side if you wish)
You are now done. I have included some that I completed today (I have used ribbon ric rac with mine) I also stamped on mine with swirly stamp and pink paint.
In other news. Deanne from little scrapbook shop posted how to do these on the web. go check them out, they are super cool.

Cya
Kayla xxoo



4 comments:

Miriam Kaye said...

Love your flowers Kayla - very cool ;) thanks for sharing the technique.

Yvette Adams said...

Those flowers are awesome!

Steph said...

kayla those flowers look FAB!! def gonna try that

LindaS said...

Love your flowers - great idea - thanks for sharing.