Friday, March 23, 2007

emotional.

WARNING: This is a long and emotional post

Okay I am writing this to get it out of my head.
We have 5 international visitors staying at our house, they are all relatives that we didn't know we had, Shocking I know.
The sad thing is my Dad is one of 5, (4 boys and 1 girl)
they are all moving on in their age and luckily they are all still out and about, however this is likely to be the last time that they all meet together as a group as some have has serious issues with illness ect, ect....
My Dad's siblings live all over the place so we rarely get to see them and none have remained in close contact so seeing them let alone talking to them is a huge outcome for all of us.
So having them all here has been great. :-)
The sad thing is though that over a few drinks and a lot of talking I have heard many stories that confirm my theory that my Nan made out to make everyone's life hell except her children (I am talking of her daughter and son's in law)
I have heard some really nasty things that she done and I know in my mum's case there were a few things that she did.
I am sort of wishing I didn't know all this about my Nan now though because although i knew what she did to my mother in a way I thought she may have just been having a bad day and I had the heart to forgive her within myself and love her as my nan.
Now knowing that this was not just on one occasion I don't think that I am going to love giving her the scrapbook as much as I would have.
I have been looking forward to giving it to her for so long, but of course I am going to give it to her.
I am just going to think of it as a gift of documenting previous generations in the "MacAulay" clan.
She has had people flown from everywhere to celebrate her 80th birthday this weekend and she had one of her Grandaughter and her two daughters staying at her flat and she made them feel unwelcome there so they are now staying here.
I think she is so used to living alone after such a long time.
Anyway on a good note I am feeling so lucky to have met my Aunty My 2 second cousins and one of my cousins, and also catch up with the relatives that live in different countries.
I wish that family reunions like this wouldn't just be saved for milestone birthdays and weddings and funeral, I suppose that it does cost a lot to fly people internationally, but it seems so sad that this is probably going to be the last time that this family can all be all together due to ill health.
That is my writing done for today but now I feel like I have said my peace.
Cya.
kayla xxoo

I have lots of layouts to share once this weekend is over. :-)

No comments: